no seu browser.
Dr. João Abecassis
- Graduate in Medicine from the Faculdade de Ciências Médicas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, with a final grade of 17.8 points (range 0-20) (2002).
- PhD student at NOVA MEDICAL SCHOOL
- Cardiology Resident in Hospital de Santa Cruz, Centro Hospitalar de Lisboa Ocidental (2004 to 2009).
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fellowship, Centro Nationale di Ricerca, Pisa, Italy (2009).
- PhD Fellow, Nova Medical School (since 2017).
- ESC certificate in Transthoracic Echocardiography: 2009
- ESC certificate in Transesophageal Echocardiography: 2011
- ESC certificate in Cardiac Magnetic Resonance – Level 2: 2015
- ESC certificate in Cardio Magnetic Resonance – Level 3: 2021
Previous Medical and Scientific Jobs
- Monitor in the Pathology Department, Instituto Português de Oncologia (1999-2003).
- Degree: “Assistente Graduado em Cardiologia” since 2020 – Hospital de Santa Cruz, Centro Hospitalar de Lisboa Ocidental
- Cardiology Assistent – Hospital dos Lusíadas, Lisboa.
- Areas of expertise: non-invasive cardiology – echocardiography and non-ultrassonic cardiac imaging – Cardiac CT and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance.
Participation in Research Projects
- PhD Project: PhD in Medicine – clinical research: Left ventricular morphofunctional adaptation in patients with severe aortic stenosis: a non-invasive imaging and histomorphology correlation study
- Author of several papers, as first author, in International Scientific Magazines with Peer Review and high Impact Factor