in your browser.
João Salvador, MD
Head and Neck
- MSc in Medicine from Escola de Ciências da Saúde, University of Minho (2012).
- Resident in Radiology at Instituto Português de Oncologia de Lisboa Francisco Gentil (2014-2019), with differentiation in the areas of Head and Neck Radiology and Gynecology;
- Visiting Clinical Fellow - Head and Neck Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology 2, ASST Spedali Civili di Brescia Hospital, Italia (2018).
- Attending physician in Radiology, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Oliveira, Guimarães;
- Member of 3 Societies (SPRMN, ESR, RSNA).
Previous Medical and Scientific Jobs
- Attendance of several national and international courses and congresses in the field of specialization, with emphasis on the area of Abdominal Radiology, Pelvic Radiology and Head and Neck Radiology, highlighting:
- AIRP Course 2014 (Porto);
- Erasmus Course on Magnetic Resonance Imaging - MRI Abdominal Module 2015 (Coimbra);
- AIRP Course 2016 (Porto);
- Junior ESGAR Summer School, Third Edition 2017 (Modica, Italia);
- 30th Annual Meeting and Refresher Course ESHNR 2017 (Lisboa);
- Erasmus Course on Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MRI Head and Neck Module 2018 (Brugges, Belgium).
- Publication of 5 articles in Indexed Journals, 2 of which as first author:
- Atypical mandibular metastasis as the first presentation of a colorectal cancer. British Medical Journal Case Reports, 2018 (doi:10.1136/bcr-2018-225094);
- Dynamic Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Female Pelvic Floor – A Pictorial Review. Insights into Imaging, 2019 (doi: 10.1186/s13244-019-0687-9);
- Publication of 3 articles as first author in Unindexed Journals on the EURORAD platform;
- Conducting various scientific papers in Congresses and National and International Courses;
- Joined the Organizing Committee of 3 Courses.
Participation in Research Projects
- “MRI in pre-operative NAC vascular map” (2015).
- “La RM nell’invasione neoplástica dell’orbita: accuratezza diagnostica e impatto sul planning chirurgico” (2018).
- Joined the Research Team of 1 Double-blind, Randomized and Multicenter Clinical Trial conducted at IPOLFG (2018).