in your browser.
João Abrantes, MD
Breast and Chest Radiology
- Master in Medicine by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar - University of Porto (2012).
- Radiology Internship at Centro Hospitalar Barreiro Montijo, EPE (2014-2019), with differentiation in the areas of Senology and Thoracic Radiology
- European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) obtained in 2018 (European Society of Radiology)
- Imaging Informatics Mini-Fellowship, at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington D.C. - United States of America (2021/2022)
- Master student in "Data Science and Artificial Intelligence" at the University of London (Distance Learning) since July 2021.
- Hospital Assistant of Radiology with focus in the areas of Senology, Thoracic Radiology and Medical-Radiological Informatics - coordination of the Breast Unit of the Radiology Service of the Hospital Center of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro EPE. (since 2021)
- Board member and coordinator of the working group on artificial intelligence of the Portuguese Society of Senology.
- Active Member of the European Society Of Medical Imaging Informatics (EuSoMII) with functions in the education committee
- Reviewer of multiple indexed scientific journals (https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/X-9561-2019)
Previous Medical and Scientific Functions
- Attendance of several national and international courses and congresses within the scope of General Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Publication of multiple indexed scientific articles (https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3803-4954)
- Invited Speaker in National and International Congresses, Courses and Webinars with focus in the Thoracic, Vascular, Abdomino-Pelvic, Breast and Artificial Intelligence areas
- Participant in national consensuses: Gynecological Cancer - National Consensus 2020; X National Consensus on Breast Cancer (Secretary of the Artificial Intelligence Section).
Participation in Research Projects
- Clinical partner of Instituto Superior Técnico - ULisboa in projects related to artificial intelligence: MIMBCD-UI, MIDA Project and BreastScreening
- Member of an international consortium for the development and use of advanced artificial intelligence models in prostate carcinoma - ProCAncer-I, since 2020.