Márcio Navalho, MD, PhD
- Graduate in Medicine from the School of Medicine of the University of Lisbon (FML), with a final grade of 17.17 points (range 0-20) (2000).
- Doctorate / PhD Degree in Medicine in FML, unanimously approved with Praise and Distinction (2012).
- Radiology Resident in the University Hospital of Santa Maria (2003 to 2008).
- Visiting Clinical Fellow – Vascular Imaging, University of California, Los Angeles (2008).
- Visiting Clinical Fellow – Musculoskeletal Imaging, Service of Osteoarticular Radiology, Hôpital Cochin, Paris (2008).
- PhD Fellow, FML (2009 to 2012).
Previous Medical and Scientific Jobs
- Tutor in the Anatomy subject in FML (1995 to 1996).
- Researcher, Biochemistry Department, Vascular Biopathology and Microcirculation Unit, FML (1996 to 2001).
- Guest lecturer of the Physiological Biochemistry subject, FML (2003 to 2010).
- Guide in the internship of Initiation to Pedagogic Activity for Medicine students, FML (2004 to 2007).
- Teacher of the Radiology subject in FML (2004 to 2007).
- Researcher, Microvascular Biology and Inflammation Unit in the Molecular Medicine Institute (IMM) (2001 to 2008).
- Guest lecturer of the Biochemistry II subject of the Graduate Course in Nutrition, FML (2005 to 2008).
- Member of the Editorial Committee of “Revista da Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa” (ISSN 0872-4059) (since 2004).
- Researcher, Rheumatology Research Unit, IMM (since 2010).
- Attending Physician in Radiology, Hospital de Cascais (since 2010).
- Teacher of the Locomotion System Diseases subject in FML (since 2010).
- Attending Physician in Radiology, Hospital dos Lusíadas (since 2012).
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the “International Journal of Orthopaedics” (ISSN 2311-5106) (since 2014).
- Full Professor of the University New Atlântica (since 2015).
- Full Professor and Course Director, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas - Nova Medical School (since 2018)
Participation in Research Projects
- Influence of Serotonin on Erythrocyte Membrane (1997 to 1999).
- Study of Membrane Fluidity on Human Endothelial Cells (2000 to 2001).
- BAFF and TACI Gene Expression in Very Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (2009 to 2012).
- Caspase-1 Activity in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (2009 to 2012).
- Percutaneous Drainage of Infected Pancreatic Fluid Collections (2003 to 2004).
- Haemorheological Profile in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and ultrasonographic evaluation of fluid in serosal cavities (2004 to 2006).
- Synovial Doppler Ultrasonography and Dynamic Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Hand and Wrist in the
- Assessment of Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (2009 to 2012).
- Consultant Radiologist – ReumaCensus (since 2011).
- Consultant Radiologist – EpiReumaPt (since 2011).
- Computed Tomography Based Rigidity Analysis: a Novel Tool for Non-invasive Prediction of Vertebral Fragility Fractures in Post-menopausal Women (since 2012).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Ankle and Foot in Spondyloarthritis: a New Scoring System and Definition of MRI Sequences (since 2012).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Score of the Knee in Bone Bruises (since 2018).
- Traumatic Bone Marrow Lesions Around the Knee: Identification of a Predictive Model of Surgical Treatment (since 2018)
Author of diverse papers in International Scientific Magazines with Peer Review and high Impact Factor, including in RADIOLOGY.