Pedro Oliveira Santos, MD
Breast Imaging, Head and Neck
Master degree in Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon (FMUL), with a final grade of 16.46/20 (2008-2014).
- Resident Physician (General Training Internship) at Hospital Beatriz Ângelo, in Loures (2015).
- Radiology Resident at Instituto Português de Oncologia de Lisboa Francisco Gentil (IPO Lisboa), in Lisbon (2016-2021).
- Differentiation in Breast Imaging, Head and Neck Imaging and Oncological Imaging.
Previous medical and scientific functions
- Monitor in the course unit of Microbiology at FMUL (2011-2012).
- Investigator and scholarship student “FMUL/Gulbenkian” at the Unit of Investigation in Rheumatology (UIR) of the Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM), having developed the project “Vitamin D in atherosclerosis patients: a link between atherosclerosis and bone mass?” (2012-2014).
- Scholarship student in the program “Estágios de Verão BESUp”, having participated in a medical scholarship at the Cardiology Department of Hospital da Luz, in Lisbon (summer of 2016).
- Member of the Organizing Committee of a national course at IPO Lisboa (2016).
- Member of the Multidisciplinary Group of Esophageal and Stomach Cancer at IPO Lisboa (2018-2021).
- Member of five scientific societies (SPRMN, ESR, RSNA, EUSOBI and ESUR).
- Attendee at multiple national and international courses and scientific congresses, especially in the Radiology field, highlighting the following ones: MRI In Practice - The Course (Lisbon, 2018), EMRI
- Erasmus Course: Abdomen and Urogenital Course (Vienna, 2019), EMRI Erasmus Course: Head & Neck Course 2020 (Krakow, 2020) e o Four Week Radiologic Pathology Correlation Course do
- American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (AIRP) (2020.
- Reviewer at EURORAD, the digital platform of clinical cases of the European Society of Radiology (ESR), in the section “Genital (Female) Imaging” and reviewer at the journal “Acta Radiologica” of the Nordic Society of Medical Radiology.
- Author and co-author of multiple scientific works presented at national and international congresses, either orally or by a poster.
- Author of five articles in indexed scientific journals, namely:
- “A4.12 Vitamin D in patients with atherosclerosis - a link between atherosclerosis and bone mass?”; Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases; 2014; DOI: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-205124.139;
- “An unusual presentation of an extragastrointestinal stromal tumour: a case report”; Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine; 2020; DOI: 10.1186/s43055-020-00297-w;
- “Metastasis of renal cell carcinoma to the urethra: a rare scenario”; International Braz J Urol; 2021; DOI: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2020.0719 (in coautorship);
- “Lung Cancer-Related Pneumopericardium”; Acta Médica Portuguesa; 2021; DOI: 10.20344/amp.13802;
- “Ghost cell odontogenic carcinoma of the left maxilla”; BMJ Case Reports; 2021; DOI: 10.1136/bcr-2021-242445;
- Attending Radiologist, Imaging Department of Hospital Beatriz Ângelo (since 2021).
- Attending Radiologist, Imaging Department of Trofa Saúde Hospitals (Amadora and Loures units – since 2020).
Participation in Investigation Projects
- Participation in 2 clinical trials at IPO Lisboa (2018-2021) related to breast and bladder cancer treatments.