in your browser.
Carlos Francisco Silva, MD
- Degree in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra (2006)
- Radiology Internship at Hospital de Santa Maria/Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Norte, E.P.E. (2008 to 2012).
- Observership in Thoracic and Diagnostic Cardiovascular Radiology, at Ronald Reagan Medical Center - University of California, Los Angeles, USA. (2012).
- European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) obtained in 2013 (European Society of Radiology)
- Research Fellowship in Thoracic Radiology (sponsored by the European Society of Radiology), at Universitätsklinikum Heidelberg / Thoraxklinik, Germany (2017/2018)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the College of Radiology of the Portuguese Medical Association (2021-2023)
- Coordinator of the Management and Quality Section in Radiology of the Portuguese Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine (2021/23)
- Member of the Quality Group of the Portuguese Association of Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine (since 2019)
- Hospital Assistant of Radiology at Centro Hospitalar de Setúbal E.P.E (since 2014)
- Reviewer of the journal “Clinical Imaging” (ISSN 0899-7071) (since 2012)
Previous Medical and Scientific Functions
Participation in Research Projects
- Value-based Radiology/Healthcare
- Interdisciplinary research on Interstitial Lung Diseases / Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Diseases, with emphasis on the use of the CALIPER software in the prognosis of fibrotic diseases (https://youtu.be/yXBJsXaw6BE)
- Therapeutic response evaluation to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in lung cancer using Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomography (CT)
- Detection and analysis of pulmonary nodules on CT using Artificial Intelligence aid