in your browser.
Ana Filipa Geraldo, MD, PhD
- Degree in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra (2007).
- Master degree in Neurosciences from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon (2015).
- PhD candidate in Clinical Neurosciences of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto (since 2018; thesis submitted, awaiting oral defense).
- Neuroadiology Internship at Hospital de Santa Maria/Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Norte, E.P.E. (2009 to 2013).
- European Diploma in Neuroradiology (EDiNR) obtained in 2013 (European Society of Neuroadiology).
- Observership in Pediatric and Fetak Neuroradiology at the Neuroradiology department of the Hospital For Sick Children, Toronto, Canada (2013) and at the Giannina Gaslini Hospital, Genova, Italy (2012).
- Observership in Head & Neck at the Neuroradiology department at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, USA (2013).
- Clinical Diagnostic Neuroradiology fellow of the University of Toronto (2015-2016).
- Post-graduated certification in Clinical Research (Harvard Medical School Clinical Scholars Research Training program) (2018-2020)
- European Diploma in Pediatric Neuroradiology (EDiPNR) by the European Society of Neuroadiology (2021).
- Hospital Assistant of Neuroradiology at Centro Hospitalar Vila Nova de Gaia/Espinho (CHVNG/E) (since 2016).
- Division chief of the Diagnostic Neuroradiology Unit of CHVNG/E (since 2019).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the College of Neuroradiology of the Portuguese Medical Association (2021-2023)
- Member of the Pediatric Neuroradiology Committee of the European Society of Neuroradiology (since 2022).
- Invited assistant of Radiology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon (since 2021).
- Reviewer of Neuroradiology, Frontiers in Pediatrics and Frontiers in Neurology.
Academic and scientific activity
- Author of multiple (>20) papers in National and International Scientific Magazines with Peer Review (h-index: 10); https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ana-Geraldo-5
Recipient of multiple grants and awards, including:
- the 2013 CHLN-Santa Maria Hospital 2011 research grant
- the 2019 Individual PhD studentship grant of the FCT (Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology, REF: SFRH/BD/145463/2019) – funding refused
- the 2020 Twelve-months Research Fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology of the European Society of Neurorradiology
- the 2022 Grant SILAN-Garráhan in Pediatric Neuroradiology
- two awards for best oral communication and 1 award for best poster
Frequent participation in courses, training sessions, conferences and national/International scientific meetings in Neuroimaging (with emphasis in pediatric and fetal MRI), with several invited oral lectures.