Graça Correia, MD
Graça Correia, MD
- Degree in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine at the Classical University of Lisbon with a final grade of 14.6 (out of 20) (1975).
- General Internship at the HCL (1975 to 1977).
- Volunteer for 5 months at the H. S. José Medical Service (1977 / 1978).
- Medical Service for the Outskirts (1978).
- Volunteer for 23 months at the H. S. José Medical Service (1979 to 1981).
- Entrance Exam for the Complementary Residency with a score of 78 %.
- Complementary Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Santa Marta Hospital (1981 to 1985)
- Ultrasound and Computed Tomography (CT) Training in Madrid for 11 months (S. Carlos Hospital) – Director: Dr. César Pedrosa.
- Final grade for the Complementary Residency in Diagnostic Radiology - 20 (out of 20).
- Final grade for the Complementary Residency (weighted average of the Complementary Residency grade and the final exam) – 18.6 (out of 20).
- Medical Association Exam to obtain the title of Specialist in Diagnostic Radiology - Passed with distinction, unanimously (1985).
- European Diploma of Ultrasound (1987).
- RM Training in Madrid and the United States for 6 months.
- Masters Degree in “Health Services Management” from the UCL, with authority in this subject conferred by the Medical Association.
Previous Medical and Scientific Duties
- Open Competition for the opening in Diagnostic Radiology at the Hospitals of the Southern Region - score of 19.1 (1st place) (1986).
- Diagnostic Radiology Hospital Assistant at Santa Marta Hospital (1986 to 1998).
- Competition for Graduate Hospital Assistant (1994).
- Competition for Service Head - score of 19.2 (1st Place) (1998).
- Director of Radiology at Santa Marta Hospital (1998 to 2007).
- Coordinator of the Functional Medical Imaging Department at Lusíadas Hospital (since 2007).
- Presented nearly 100 papers at Scientific Conferences and Meetings, 25 published in the form of abstracts.
- Author or co-author of 100 publications in International and Portuguese Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals. The Sanitas Prize was awarded to one of the works.
- Belongs to seven scientific societies.